What is Botox?
Botox® Cosmetic is injected into muscles to relax them, temporarily improving the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults. This yields a fresher more youthful, beautifying appearance.
What are the benefits of Botox?
Frown lines and crow’s feet develop with the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. BOTOX® temporarily reduces muscle activity. smoothing these lines, while preventing new lines from occurring.
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
Treatment time takes about 10 minutes
Our physician is certified in advanced injection techniques. A facial analysis is initially performed and considered with your own personal goals. The appropriate treatment areas and plan will be determined and discussed with you.
No down time
Treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery; it’s often called a lunchtime procedure. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave our office.
Common injection sites :
- glabella (region between eyebrows)
- outer corners of eyes (crow’s feet)
- sides of mid-chin (for down-turned mouth)
- neck (for neck bands or visible cords)
What is Botox used for?
- Facial asymmetry or other facial conditions that result from muscle action; this is called “facial shaping”
- Gummy smile (excess of gums showing with smiling)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive perspiration or sweating); common injection sites are underarms, palms, scalp and soles of feet
- Migraine headache