What is Botox?
Botox® Cosmetic is an injection into muscles in order to relax them, while temporarily improving the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and also frown lines between the eyebrows in adults. This allows for a fresher more youthful, beautifying appearance.
What are the benefits of Botox?
BOTOX® can help temporarily reduce muscle activity. It smooths out frown lines, while also preventing new lines from forming.
Not only can Wrinkles be caused by cellular changes that occur over time, but they are also caused by reduction of collagen, and damage caused by exposure to sun and the environment. This also occurs when the muscles between your brows contract, and cause your skin to furrow and fold. For instance, frowning or intense concentration can be the cause. Also squinting, can cause crows feet.
The results of this treatment can become noticeable within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
Treatment time takes about 10 minutes
- Our physician is certified in advanced injection techniques. A facial analysis is initially performed and considered with your own personal goals. The appropriate treatment areas and plan will be determined and discussed with you.
No down time
- This treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery, and is often called a lunchtime procedure. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave our office.
Common injection sites :
- The area between your eyebrows. This is also known as the glabella.
- The Forehead
- Outer corners of eyes. This is where crow’s feet can occur.
- The sides of mid-chin. This is used for down-turned mouth.
- The neck is for neck bands and/or visible cords.
What is Botox used for?
- Facial asymmetry and other facial conditions that can result from muscle action. Also known as “Facial Shaping”.
- Gummy smile (excess of gums showing with smiling).
- Hyperhidrosis is when a person has excessive perspiration or sweating. For this, the injection is in the underarms, palms, scalp and soles of feet.
- Migraine headaches are also a common use.